Tuesday 28 April 2015

Wild Card (Elite Ops #1) - Lora Leigh

4 ****


ALL THE FEELS.

This book was all about the emotion. I had a lump in my throat from practically the first page.


I really felt for these 2, they both went through a very hard time. Bella's husband has died, the love of her life and she is struggling to move on. Noah (Nathan) has been tortured, and abused, and no longer believed he was worthy of his wife, he decided to leave her and never return, become a new man, a "dead man walking", he is owned by Elite Ops to be a number 1 killer.

But now he has to return to his home town, protect his 'wife' while trying not to let her find out who he really is. It is slightly ridiculous in theory, but it kind of works, mainly because Bella is not dumb enough to fall for all of it, she knows something is going on, she never truely felt that her husband was dead, and there were just too many similarities between Noah and Nathan, but at the same time they are completely different people.

I have to say I wasn't a fan of the sex, it got repetitive and a bit boring. I actually skipped a few pages not gunna lie. Also I didn't really get Bella being such a different person, why did she lie to her husband so much about what she really wanted, if you love the man so much, show him who you really are.

Beyond that this book was all the feels, I wanted to shout at both of them to just talk to each other and admit the truth! Hug it out. It is an intense book thats for sure, the characters just need a bit of a kick up the ass!


No comments:

Post a Comment